Preparation | 10 minutes
Cooking | 20 minutes
Ready in | 30 minutes
Servings | 4-6 persons
- 5 Red chillies
- 1 inch Fresh turmeric
- 10 Shallots
- 2 stalks Lemongrass (Bottom third sliced into rings)
- ¾ inch cube Belacan (Shrimp paste)
- 2 tbsp Double Lion Flavoured Concentrate Asam Masin
- 2 stalks Lemongrass (Crushed)
- 4 stalks Daun Kesum (Stems removed)
- To taste Salt
- 200g Pineapples
- To taste Sugar
- 225g Ladies’ fingers
- 450g Cod or fish of choice
- Put all of Ingredients A into a blender. Add in 2 tbsp of water and blend into a smooth paste.
- Pour 1 cup (240ml) of hot water into a bowl and stir in Double Lion Flavoured Concentrate Asam Masin.
- Sauté the blended ingredients in a pot over medium heat for 2 minutes. Then, add in the crushed lemongrass, daun kesum and salt. Stir well for a while and add in the Double Lion Asam Masin mixture from Step 2. Place the lid on the pot and allow the mixture to come to a boil. Lower the heat and let it simmer for 10 minutes after it comes to a boil.
- Open the lid and taste the mixture. Add sugar to taste.
- Put in the ladies’ fingers and fish. Place the lid back on. Let it cook for another 3 to 5 minutes or until the ladies’ fingers are tender.
- Serve warm with steamed rice.