Preparation | 20 minutes
Cooking | 1 hour
Ready in | 1 hour 30 minutes
Servings | 4-6 persons
- 2 packets 13g jelly powder
- 250g Rock sugar
- 3 tbsp Double Lion Flavoured Concentrate Strawberry
- 1500ml Water
- 600ml Full cream milk
- 3 Egg yolks
- 2 tsp Conflour
- 25g Caster sugar
- 3 tbsp Double Lion Flavoured Concentrate Jagung
- 1 package 305g frozen prepared pound cake, thawed and cubed
- 1 tub 227g COOL WHIP Whipped Topping, thawed
- 2 cups Sliced strawberries
- Pour 1.5 litres of water into a pot. Then, add in the rock sugar, rose syrup and jelly powder.
- Bring the mixture to a boil. Stir till the sugar and jelly dissolve.
- Lower the heat and let it cook for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Pour the mixture into a rinsed mould and leave it to set.
- Cut the jelly into thin slices and chill it before serving.
- Heat the milk and Double Lion Flavoured Concentrate Jagung to a boil.
- Mix the egg yolks, sugar and cornflour into a smooth paste
- Pour the milk and Double Lion Flavoured Concentrate Jagung over the paste and stir well.
- Strain the mixture into a clean saucepan. Stir and cook the custard until it thickens.
- Cut the jelly into 1/2-inch cubes.
- Cut the pound cake into cubes.
- In a serving dish, arrange the cake at the bottom, then arrange a layer of sliced strawberries over the pound cake and place in the jelly.
- Once the jelly has set, pour the custard over it . Repeat steps until desired layers are formed.
- Once done, arrange strawberry slices on top and spread whipped topping evenly on top of the trifle.
- Chill the trifle and serve.